Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm Leavin' In a Green Van...

Not quite the same as the 60's song and it's Jet Plane since I DO know when I'll be back again.  But this Saturday morning I will leave with one good friend from the church and one transient who wants a ride south in a 15 passenger Forest Service green van for Rio Chico, Mexico.

Another good church buddy gave me pictures from the time he went on a missions trip there so that I would know a little of what to expect.  I of course being a veteran of missions trips know full well that you can NEVER know what to expect on a missions trip.  But I appreciate the thought and am anxious to live the Rio Chico experience - complete with side trip to Copper Canyon of which I have heard many vague but awe inspiring descriptions. (I am hoping the hiking uphill both ways descriptions were exaggerated!)

So I will be working on a water system there, or something else, until we return ON A JET PLANE on the 23rd.  Pray for us please.

PS - I have NO idea what this is a picture of yet but I assume it has something to do with where we will be working.  But I expect NOTHING.

No comments: