Monday, September 26, 2011

My Royal Son

Add this to my list of things I never expected.  When I spoke with his sister, she too, was amazed.  But it just goes to show you that we don't really know what tomorrow holds. 

That was the serious thought I took from the whole Homecoming experience.  I go about making my plans and thinking about what I expect and don't expect when all along I really have no control over it at all.

I was reminded of Proverbs 19:21, "Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails."  And also Psalm 33:11 reminds me that my plans come with no guarantees but, "the plans of the Lord stand firm forever."

I just finished reading about Joseph's life and was struck by how it was all about God's plan. I have a funeral this week and was reminded again that we don't always have a tomorrow. My son never ceases to amaze me.  Perhaps I am too easily amazed that the way I see things isn't chiseled in stone.

But as I said, that was the serious thought that I took from the whole Homecoming thing.  I also just had fun watching my boy grow up a little more.  In two more years perhaps it will be King and  not just attendant! Never say never!


No comments: