Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bible Reading for Lent...and beyond!

Our family has agreed to read through the Bible during Lent this year.  The concept is to simply read the Bible like we would read any other book.  You pick it up and start reading - and if its really good you don't stop til you're done.  That's the concept for us and I got my start today getting up to Gen 12 this morning with more to follow later. (that's my plan anyway)  I have chosen to read the Message since I have never read through that completely before.  I like it!

Also, I found (thank you Brenda) the following reading plan online from Mark Batterson and the National Community Church.
It looks like a good way to spend more time in God's Word. (always a good idea)  So if you want to - you can sign up to read along (I did) and just spend a little computer time in the Bible each day.  They put the day's reading right there on the website for you!

Anyway, for the one or two who read this, I strongly encourage you to read the Bible.  Whether you use of of these two plans or come up with something all on your own, do something.  It's always good to have a plan! And it is imperative to start.  You can never finish if you never start.

So DO IT!  NOW! And as a very wise man once said, "If you do it now, it will be done."

No comments: