Monday, July 27, 2009

Relationships

Not to be confused with relatives - that is an entirely different subject!

I have been thinking a lot about relationships. I have all sorts of them and I'm afraid I don't think about them enough - you know - sort of take them for granted. I'm sorry.

I listened to one of my favorite songs by The Swift, "Almost There" When you listen to it, picture the father singing to the Prodigal Son.

When I listen to it, I hear my Heavenly Father singing to me - His all-to-often prodigal son. I have broken His heart over and over and He still loves me and wants me back with Him. That is AMAZING!

Too often I KNOW about my relationship with God; I've read the book and know most of the facts about it all. But I don't always think about my relationship with God, how all the stuff that happens every day, and the things I do and say affect my Father. I just hear Him saying,
"You go ahead and do what you "have to do".
I hope and pray you change your mind.
But if you come back, could you remember to bring my heart
I'll stay right here so I'm not hard to find."

I am so very sorry for all the times I have wandered off just not paying attention. And I am so very glad that you are right here and not hard to find. Thank you Father.

No comments: