Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wid Goose Chase

I am reading a good book entitled, Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson. (I highly recommend it) One line jumped off the page at me yesterday as I was reading so I just wanted to put it out there for you to think about it too. "One of the greatest dangers we face spiritually is learning how and forgetting why."

I am reminded that the journey is more important than the destination and that just going through the motions of our spiritual life - no matter how well we are able to do that - is empty without a meaningful relationship with our God.

So when we speak, sing, pray, act, etc. if we are merely repeating what we have become accustomed to and have perhaps even gotten good at, all we have is empty ritual. So it is good to allow the Holy Spirit to shake up our lives a bit so we rely more on WHY we worship, pray, love, etc. like we do than HOW we do those things.

Anyway, it makes me think...(ouch - my head hurts!)

No comments: